Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP) Internship Position
ONGOING DEADLINE FOR SPRING, SUMMER & FALL SEMESTERS
The Southwest Alternate Media Project (SWAMP) Internship Program provides students with a bridge between studying media arts as a student and working in the media arts field as a professional, by providing hands-on experience within a well-established arts services organization.
We are currently seeking a Social Media Intern to assist staff with promoting SWAMP through all social media channels. Duties include:
- Represent SWAMP and manage social media across all channels
- Community outreach through social media
- Documentation (videography and photography) of all SWAMP and partner events.
- Create short sharable videos to promote SWAMP on social media
- Website updates
- Create e-mail blasts
- Other duties as needed
Though internships are unpaid, SWAMP prides itself on not only providing experience, but also creating a supportive environment where successful interns are rewarded and encouraged into roles beyond their time at SWAMP.
All currently enrolled, undergraduate students seeking college credit are eligible to apply for an internship. We seek out interns with the following qualities and experience:
- Able to submit written enrollment verification from their college or university confirming the student’s enrollment status. Student ID cards and/or phone calls are not sufficient documentation
- Understand SWAMP’s mission
- Understand social media best practices
- Eager to learn
- Understand the many levels of responsibilities that come with a non-profit
- Strong organizational skills
- Be able to work alone, without supervision
- Have an interest in developing their experience into a professional path
- Video and photo editing experience a major plus
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Understanding of e-communication platforms (e.g. Mailchimp)
Interns hours and exact schedule will be determined in advance with staff. Interns should be able to work a minimum of three months. Hours are flexible but evening & weekend event support is also required.
HOW TO APPLY
- a resume outlining your educational background and past work experience,
- a link to a short video (1 minute or less) indicating why you chose to apply for an internship at SWAMP,
- contact details for three references from professors or previous/present employers.
Submit all materials to: Anna Julia at email@example.com